Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path
The Privateer's Code
- A privateer shall not engate in one-on-one combat with an unarmed foe.
- Passengers and prisoners who may be objects of lust to crew members are not to be imposed upon or harassed.
- A privateer shall never refuse satisfaction to an honorable opponent.
- A privateer shall always accept the surrender of an honorable foe – such prisoners may later be ransomed or press-ganged into the crew.
- A privateer shall not beat or mutilate slaves or prisoners.
- A privateer shall never attack from concealment nor strike an unsuspecting foe from behind.
- A privateer shall take what he deserves by virtue of his strength of arms, but shall not plunder the poor.
- A privateer’s word is as strong as his steel. He shall never break a promise nor renege on an agreement.
- A privateer shows discretion in conversation and does not pry into matters that don’t concern him.